|OUR INVOLVEMENT IN OPERATION WARP SPEED January 21, 2021
NewAge Industries continues its commitment to advance the battle against COVID-19 and to keep our team members safe and healthy.
What is Operation Warp Speed?
Operation Warp Speed (OWS) is a public-private partnership initiated to facilitate and accelerate the development, manufacture, and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics. OWS was introduced in April 2020 following the U.S. Congress's allocation of nearly $10 billion for the program through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, with $6.5 billion designated for countermeasure development through BARDA (Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority) and $3 billion for NIH (National Institute of Health) research.
What are our requirements under OWS?
By government mandate, incoming orders received from contracted companies for OWS-related projects, such as those involving vaccine production, are rated as priority and take precedence over all other orders for similar products. This includes orders that may have already been booked, scheduled, and given promised ship dates but are not rated under OWS.
How are we handling non-OWS orders?
Product manufacturing continues for orders not involved with OWS. Team members are working extended hours to keep our extrusion lines running and assembly jobs in process while we remain committed to product quality.
How are we ensuring that our work continues?
Team members continue to take the same precautions they have been following since the pandemic was declared, as well as additional protective measures:
- Masks are worn and social distancing is practiced
- Temperatures are checked and health questions are self-administered daily at kiosks
- On-site COVID-19 testing for all team members, including those participating in telework activities, is conducted regularly
- Team members self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and are instructed to remain at home if symptoms develop
- Surface disinfecting and cleaning of common areas is conducted both during the day and at night by custodial staff
- Wipes and disinfecting solution are placed throughout the building for team members' use in cleaning their individual work areas
- Team members also wipe down any public surfaces (kitchen counters, appliances, tables, etc.) after use
- Frequent hand washing is encouraged, and hand sanitizer can be found throughout the building
|OUR CONTINUING FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 June 30, 2020
NewAge Industries is committed to continue to implement policy changes as needed to protect the health and safety of our team members.
- All team members are wearing masks per the new regulations.
- All team members go thru a temperature check and questionnaire prior to the start of their shift. (Checking everyone's temperature and asking a few health questions is a quick and effective way to help stop the spread of the virus.)
- All team members are asked to self-monitor themselves for any signs/symptoms. If they are sick or have any signs/symptoms they should stay home, if they are already at work, they should notify your supervisor, manager, team leader or HR and leave immediately.
- All team members are asked to social distance (6 feet apart) as best they can with the work duties they have.
- Disinfect and clean workspaces, in addition to the nightly cleaning, a person is on site to clean and wipe down the common areas throughout the day.
- Wipes and disinfectant solutions are throughout the building for team members to wipe down areas as they work also.
- As more team members are starting to come back into the office; and the Team Leaders are in discussions on how to safely bring everyone back into the building we will be having onsite COVID-19 testing for ALL NewAge Team Members.
- All employees are responsible for wiping down any public surfaces used (kitchen counters, appliances, tables, etc.
- Frequent washing of hands and use of disinfectant.
|CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION March 13, 2020
|As the fluidity of this situation moves at break-neck speed, we feel impelled to communicate to you the efforts NewAge Industries has instituted to protect our team members and their uninterrupted efforts to supply you, our valued customers, with the product and services you need to achieve your business goals. NewAge has instituted several temporary policies effective immediately:
- Suspension of all international travel until further notice
- Limited all domestic travel to instances of critical need; must be approved by a director of the organization
- Visitors to our facilities are limited to deliveries of essential supplies and services and meetings of critical need. Visitors coming to NewAge facilities must fill out a questionnaire and submit it three days prior to arrival. Approval will be determined by a company director.
- Team members are being asked to strongly consider conducting all customer and supplier meetings and training via virtual meeting technologies like Zoom whenever possible
- NewAge has purchased additional equipment and bandwidth to enable a larger, multi-departmental segment of the team to work remotely should future conditions dictate
Our supply chains continue to report stable conditions for raw materials within their networks. We will continue to conduct frequent, short-term mitigation strategy meetings as this situation changes. We are committed to continue to implement policy changes as needed to protect the health and safety of our team members, while realizing the importance of servicing your critical fluid transfer needs.